All The Times Books Are There for Us
When it comes to books we love, the list is extensive. Books have a way of being there for you when you need them most. A book won’t judge you, it’s only there to offer support, guidance, or a much needed escape. From books to read when you're sad to novels to help you learn new life skills, there will be dozens of times in your life when books will be there for you. Books have been there for us a number of times, from providing inspiration for our book themed candles to walking us through the finer points of running a business. Here are just a few of the times that books may be there for you in your life.
When Your Heart Has Been Broken
Heartache hurts. It infiltrates your every waking moment and occupies your thoughts for days, weeks, or months. The pain of breaking up with someone you love, even if amicably, can be hard to overcome. Male or female, a broken heart is a broken heart. Try these novels to either grieve a lost love or get a much needed dose of courage to finally ditch your broken heart and move on.
- What Was I Thinking? 58 Bad Boyfriend Stories
- Eat, Pray, Love (obviously)
- Personal History
- The Breakup Bible: The Smart Woman’s Guide to Healing from a Breakup or Divorce
- The Break Up Manual for Men: How to Recover from a Serious Break Up, Become Stronger and Get Back into Life
When You Get Back Together with an Ex
Sometimes two people seperate to find themselves and realize that together is where they belong. Whether you’ve just recently broken up or have just recently reconnected after years apart, here are some of the books we recommend while rekindling your old flame.
- Beauty in the Broken Places: A Memoir of Love, Faith, and Resilience
- Getting Back Together: How To Reconcile With Your Partner - And Make It Last
- You Are Not Special: … And Other Encouragements
When You’re Starting Over Somewhere New
Whether you’re moving across town or across the world, each move presents the opportunity to start over. How will you change, what will you work towards? Here are a few books that can either guide you through the process or give an example on how someone else handled their move.
When You Have to be an Adult
Being an adult is hard. You have to do things like find a job, impress in-laws, and pay taxes. How is one supposed to prepare for the overwhelming task of adulting? Here are four books that should help you get started as a new adult.
- Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- Good Manners for Nice People Who Sometimes Say F*ck
- Emily Post's Etiquette, 19th Edition: Manners for Today
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less
When It’s Time for Baby Humans
Many individuals and couples decide to make tiny humans in their relationships. But how exactly does one prepare for such an event and how do you even know if you’re ready to be a mother or a father? The following five books should help you to prepare for your baby journey.
- What to Expect Before You're Expecting
- What to Expect When You're Expecting
- Operating Instructions
- Manhood for Amateurs
- Room Temperature
When It’s Not Time for Baby Humans, but Time for Baby Doggos
Sometimes, having a baby is just too big of a step, but bringing home a dog isn’t. But don’t be fooled, raising a dog is a hard task. Below are a few titles that range from instructional guides to warm hearted stories of doggo companionship. Heads up, a few of these titles may make you cry.
- The Art of Racing in the Rain
- A Dog's Purpose (A Dog's Purpose, #1)
- Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog
- The Art of Raising a Puppy
When You Feel Like Traveling but Are Broke
The desire to travel is one that’s well known to many, but a lack of sufficient funds is known by many more. Here are a few titles that will allow you to fulfill your wanderlusting heart vicariously through their captivating pages.
- A Walk in the Woods
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail
- In a Sunburned Country
- Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mount Everest Disaster
- Under the Tuscan Sun
- Seven Years in Tibet
When You Want to Learn Something New
From learning a new skill to gaining a new perspective, books can be a great place to turn to when you want to learn something new. Rabbits, and Hygge, and Hypothetical Questions; oh my! These are our favorite novels when you’re hoping to learn something.
- Stories Rabbits Tell: A Natural and Cultural History of a Misunderstood Creature
- Chinese Education in Singapore: An Untold Story of Conflict and Change
- What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
- Beyond Words: What Animals Think and Feel
- The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well (learn more about hygge here)
When We Want to Be Someone Else for a Little While
If you want a book that will ensnare you from the very first page and completely transport you somewhere else, then these titles are for you. Spanning across most genres, these books will help you to pretend your someone else for a little while.
- The Martian
- The Gunslinger
- In the Woods
- The Rosie Project
- Ready Player One
- The Goldfinch
- A Discovery of Witches
When the Kids Ask for a Bedtime Story
If you’re a book loving parent, you’ve probably been anxiously awaiting the day that your child was old enough to delve into the exciting world of chapter books for their nightly bedtime story. If you’ve finally reached that point, here are a few good titles that you’ll most likely enjoy as much as your child.
- Where the Sidewalk Ends
- The Phantom Tollbooth
- James and the Giant Peach
- Because of Winn-Dixie
- Harry Potter (try the illustrated ones for added fun!)
How Will Books Be There for You?
From planning your wedding to getting lost in a good story while waiting at the doctor’s office, there’ll be many times that books will be there for you throughout your life. What are some of the ways that books have been there for you so far? We’d love to hear about your experience and favorite books in the comments below. And as always, if you’re looking for the perfect book themed candle to elevate your reading experience, we’ve got you covered. With scents that will go perfectly with titles ranging from fantasy to factual, you’re sure to find your perfect book themed candle with us.